miércoles, 8 de diciembre de 2010

Laying in lies

The weather is bananas in Valencia. It just doesn’t let you know when or where you are. It’s focused on changing, on making you realize that you live in an absolute lie. I like lies, in the way it makes you feel unsafe.

But, feeling unsafe? Well, yep, I’m pretty weird sometimes. And even more in days like this, when everything is supposed to be about to break down but nobody says a thing. And when nobody says a thing, I lie. I lie about where I’m from, I lie about my preferences, I lie about everything and I feel like laying in heaven. And it is great to feel yourself like in heaven and at the same time unsafe. Because, yes, I also like conflicts.

But please, do not be wrong, this city is not my city. Actually I don’t think there’s a city for someone like me. I mean, the proper weather, the right people in the right atmosphere is such a very complicated thing to reach. That’s why I also hate cinema. That’s why I also love films. That’s why I’m contradictory.

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Ahh no recordaba esa canción! <3

Este tiempo cálido está arruinando mis bellos copos de nieve, ahora son gotas brutas :(

Anónimo dijo...

Así funciona. Tenemos que inventarnos una ciudad para que de alguna forma nos pertenezca y nosotros nunca pertenezcamos a ella. Ciudades inventadas.



Echa un vistazo a "Ciudades invisibles" de Italo Calvino ;)


:*

Onofre B dijo...

Like your entry very much. It's simple but kinda powerful and greatly written